My Weight loss challenge bar

Saturday, September 4, 2010

So if I lost this week....

I DID NOT DESERVE IT. I ate like I haven't eaten in a long time last night. Pizza and ice cream and more food galore! My husband got home from a long week away. The kids had been terrible for me honestly, and I was just sick of being stressed out. I wonder what it is about eating that makes me feel SO incredibly comforted that I can't stop doing this....and where can I get that feeling without the calories?

This week, we made the decision for me to go back to work part-time, and I am so excited for the regiment that a schedule (though be it part time) will make me have. Perhaps that will help me be better about not getting distracted by food.

Being busy an being productive are two different things I am coming to figure out. Busy is what three little kids bring you, and at the end of the day I eat. Being productive, on the other hand, gives me a sense of empowerment and I don't 'need' the extra food in my mouth.  Working and having that little bit of time away from the kids might just be what I need to plan my meals, get my Bible study work done and keep my head above water.

I have been reading some really inspiring blogs lately, and hope to share some of the links soon. I hope you find something inspiring for you too!

~Nyky

3 comments:

  1. Oh I know what you mean about kids and being stressed out. I'm one of those Mums who justifies the snack by the computer as a "well deserved treat" to help me relax once they are in bed. - And yet I had little regard for the loud trio of mothers sitting next to me on the beach suring the summer discussing if they had enough wine to last the evening!
    Somehow I can justify my snack as being "better" than them, and yet I don't need it anymore than a glass of wine! Lol!

    I start back at work next week too, I'm hoping it'll help with routine!
    I'll be back to see how you've got on.... I might even share how I'm doing!:-)
    AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnnMarie~Thanks for the comment. I can totally relate to your thinking a snack is better than drinking. The reality is that we are addicted to eating, and act like someone who drinks too much to feed their addiction.

    Good luck with working. I start back either at the end of this month, or the beginning of October. I am going to be selling insurance, and need to get my licensing before I can start. (talk about stress!)

    So glad you found me, and hope to hear back from you again!

    Take care,
    ~Nyky

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have days like that... key is not to beat yourself up over it. My key to losing weight has been to create a safe snack zone in my house. Pick one little cupboard area and put snacks that are ok for you to have in the right portion. I keep mine stocked with light kettle corn (love that you can eat about 5 cups for about a point), and 100 calorie packs that I made myself-- pretzles, pistachios, rice cakes, etc. The Creme Brule rice cakes are awesome. I keep a "fridge list" there too with a list of what snacks are in the fridge-- WW cheese sticks, frozen treats, etc. so I don't rummage around in there without a purpose. I also have my motivational pic taped to the door there-- a pic of me 76 pounds heavier. Seeing that makes me remember where I was and keeps me going where I want to go. I also highly recommend buying DQ fudge bars (1 pt. each) and the jello mousee cups (1 pt). They are indulgent without the guilt. Stress happens. When you fall off the wagon, just look at it as an opportunity to do better next time. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete